2018 Paving Projects
The City of Williamsburg will begin its annual paving program Wednesday, May 16. This consists of milling and paving streets, or street segments, in several areas across the City. The schedule includes:
- Brookwood Drive, Exmore Court and Brockton Court (Holly Hills Carriage Homes)
- Cole Lane
- Waltz Farm Drive
- Second Street w/Parkway Drive
- Capitol Landing Green Court
- Richmond Hill Court
- New Hope Road
- Richmond Road (Brook Street to New Hope Road)
- Lafayette Street (Bacon Street to Richmond Road)
- South Henry Street
- South England Street
- Waller Mill Water Treatment Plant
- Cedar Grove Cemetery
- Community Building
- Transportation Center
- Post Office drop box/parking lot
The full list of streets/street segments and work schedule can be found on the City’s website. The website will be updated as information is received by the contractor and those updates will be posted on social media (Facebook and Twitter). It is important to note that the schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions.
Motorists should be prepared for the following:
- Changing traffic patterns – expect single lane closures during road work.
- A reduction in speed in the work area.
- Uneven and rough pavement at times.
- Residences and businesses in the paving area will be accessible except for a brief time when the asphalt is initially placed and compacted.
“No Parking” signs will be posted in the affected areas one day prior to the beginning of work.
The City is coordinating the paving program around events and schedules. The entire program is expected to be completed by June 30 at a cost of $617,818.00.
For more information, please visit the City’s website or call the Public Works Department, (757) 220-6140.