City Curbside Leaf Collection
There are certain core services every citizen expects from their local government – public safety, clean tap water, garbage/recycling services and street maintenance, to name just a few. Not all cities go as far as curbside leaf collection in the fall, but the City of Williamsburg does.
Beginning the week of October 30, the City will begin its free curbside leaf collection. There are 5 collections for each route during the months of November, December and the first week of January. Please note the following guidelines:
- The City is divided into two routes – BLUE and RED. Streets and/or neighborhoods are placed into one of the two routes (see chart below).
- In order to progressively move from one route to the next, each street on each route will be collected only once during the week.
- Leaves must be raked to the street by 7:00 am of the first day of the collection week (if your collection is the week of Nov. 13 - Nov. 17, leaves must be at the street by 7:00 am on Nov. 13).
- Rake leaf piles to curbside or road edge, not in the street or in drainage way (ditch, swales).
- Place leaf piles in an open area for easy vacuum truck access. Leaf piles behind vehicles, trees or bushes cannot be picked up.
- Do not mix sticks or limbs into your leaf piles.
- In case of rain, crews will pick up on the route where they left off prior to the rain.
- If you miss these collections or prefer to bag your leaves, place bagged leaves curbside on your regular garbage collection day. There is a 10 bag limit per collection day.
City residents can receive reminders about leaf collection dates, as well as garbage and recycling pick up dates, by signing up on the City’s website.
Week 1: Oct. 30 – Nov. 3
Week 2: Nov. 13 – 17
Week 3: Nov. 27 – Dec. 1
Week 4: Dec. 11 – 15
Final Week: Dec. 26 – Dec. 29 (Dec. 25 closed)
Week 1: Nov. 6 – 9 (Nov. 10 closed)
Week 2: Nov. 20 – 22 (Nov. 23-24 closed)
Week 3: Dec. 4 – 8
Week 4: Dec. 18 – 22
Final Week: Jan. 2 – 5 (Jan. 1 closed)
Capitol Landing Road
W. Williamsburg Heights
Holly Hills Carriage Homes
S. England Street
S. Henry Street
John Tyler Hwy