The American Red Cross has two free mobile apps for your smartphone:
Emergency First Aid - Puts expert advice in the palm of your hand.
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
- Fully integrated with 911 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
- Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
- Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
Hurricane preparedness - Monitor conditions, prepare your family and home, find shelters and let others know you are safe even if the power is out.
- One touch “I’m safe” messaging that allows users to broadcast reassurance to family and friends via social media outlets that they are out of harm’s way;
- Location-based NOAA weather alerts for the United States and its territories users can share on social networks
- Remote monitoring of personalized weather alerts where family and friends reside
- Locations of open Red Cross shelters;
- Simple steps and checklists people can use to create a family emergency plan;
- Preloaded content that gives users instant access to critical action steps even without mobile connectivity;
- Toolkit with flashlight, strobe light and audible alarm; and
- Badges users can earn through interactive quizzes and share on social networks
Learn more here.