The National Weather Service (NWS) in Wakefield has issued a winter weather advisory for snow, which is in effect from 1 p.m. Friday (Jan. 25) until 1 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 26). Be prepared for:
- A fast moving storm
- Precipitation in the form of snow to begin between 2 and 3 p.m. Friday
- Accumulations generally 1 to 3 inches
- Temperatures remaining in the upper 20s to low 30s
- Snow should begin to taper off between 8 and 9 p.m. Friday
- Skies will clear overnight Friday
With temperatures below freezing, the snow will accumulate on all areas. The evening rush hour will be especially hard hit. Hazardous driving conditions will develop during the afternoon and continue into the overnight hours.
Quarterpath Recreation Center will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 25th due to the forecasted weather. They will be open at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 26th.
- Youth Basketball Practices are canceled on January 25th & 26th for all locations.
- Middle School / Freshman Tennis Play has been canceled for Friday, January 25th and rescheduled for Sunday, January 27th from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Kiwanis Tennis Courts.
- Williamsburg Volleyball Club practices are canceled on January 25th for all locations. Please contact your coach in reference to Saturday's practices.
- Adult Basketball Practices scheduled for January 26th will be held as scheduled at the Quarterpath Recreation Center.
If you have any questions, please contact the Quarterpath Recreation Center at (757) 259-3760. The Williamsburg Recreation Activity Hotline is (757) 259-3777.