Waller Mill Park is offering kayak classes for beginner to advanced skill levels. These classes are great for beginners that want to learn how to kayak or for someone with experience that would like to improve their kayaking skills.
- Beginner / Intermediate Classes: Kayak, paddle and personal flotation devices are provided. No experience necessary for beginner / intermediate classes.
- Advanced Classes: Advanced learning, advanced strokes, wet exit required, must have taken a previous Kayak class. You must have your own kayak, otherwise, you may contact the instructor at (757) 404-6603.
||Beginner / Intermediate:
- August 18
- August 24
- September 14
- October 5
||8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. **Bring your own lunch**|
||Pre-registration is required for all classes. Please call (757) 259-3778 to register.|
||$65 per person / per class **$50 if student provides their own kayak**|
- Classes will end with a 30 - 45 minute tour of the reservoir.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age.
- Children ages 12 to 15 may participate if a parent or guardian is also a member of the class.
- It is recommended that you bring your lunch to the park with you as you will only have a short lunch break.
|About The Instructor - Tim Jones has been teaching paddle sports classes since the early 1990’s. He has taught whitewater and flat-water canoeing, whitewater kayaking, and coastal kayaking. He is a parole officer for the Newport News Juvenile Court and has led outdoor programs for the court system, school system and other youth agencies in caving, backpacking, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, canoeing and sea kayaking. He is also the President of the Mid-Atlantic Paddlers Association (MAPA). MAPA sponsors local canoe and kayak races, participates in Hawaiian-style outrigger canoe racing, marathon canoe and kayak racing, whitewater racing, surf ski racing, etc. Tim is proud to have the achievement of finishing New York State’s General Clinton 70-mile Canoe Marathon three times.|
Waller Mill Park
Route 645 Airport Road
CHARGES, ACTIVITY DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
The City of Williamsburg does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
Last updated: 7/18/2013 10:49:54 AM