Welcome to the City of Williamsburg!
The New Resident Fact Sheet contains information related to City and State Government, as well as an overview of each City Department and their contact information.
The New Resident Checklist is a list of seven items that new residents should take care of in the first 30 days of residency.
The Service Directory contains useful phone numbers for businesses and services provided in the City and surrounding areas.
The City Council Calendar, lists the meeting schedule for the current year. City Council meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 2:00 p.m., with the Work Session meeting being held on Monday of the same week at 4:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers in the Stryker Building. They may also be viewed live on the City's website and on WSMBG Channel 48.
- Are you a City Resident? (PDF)
The Williamsburg mailing address contains 3 localities: Williamsburg City Limits, James City County & York County. Check out City Street Listing to see if you reside within the City limits.
- New Resident Reminders
A friendly reminder of 7 items including utilities that new residents should take care of in the first 30 days!
- Area Map (PDF)
- Resident Information Guide (PDF)
- Neighborhood Guide
Your online resource guide to City Programs & Outreach Activities
- Police, Fire, Medical Emergency - Dial "911"
- Ideas to get Involved with our Community
- Read the quarterly citizen newsletter, the Quarterly Quill (PDF).
- Sign up to receive Email Announcements from the City.
- Get a library card. Visit or call the Williamsburg Regional Library and Arts Center for details.
- Join a sports team or pool and frequent our many parks. Visit or call the Parks and Recreation Department for details, (757) 259-3760.
- Join your community's civic association and Neighborhood Watch Program. Have your children fingerprinted/ID'd. Call the Police Department, (757) 259-7213, for details.
- Attend Williamsburg City Council meetings on the second Thursday of every month at 2:00 p.m. in the Stryker Building.
- Watch Local Government WMSBG Channel 48 on TV or live online to view meetings and get additional City information . View Channel 48 calendar.
- Apply for one of the city's 16 Boards and Commissions through the City Manager's Office, (757) 220-6100.
- Join the Youth Leadership Council or the Senior Leadership Council. Call Social Services, (757) 220-6161, for details.
- Get a Good Neighbor Card from Colonial Williamsburg for $10, entitling you to admission to all CW exhibition buildings and museums and additional benefits.
Good Neighbor Card brochure (PDF)
- Pay your Bills Online! Pay your water bills or parking tickets online at our E-Government web site.
- Register for Youth Sports Online.
- Subscribe to a local newspaper.
- Get a hunting or fishing license. Call Waller Mill Park, (757) 259-3778, for details.
- Need a Business License? Contact the Commissioner of Revenue's Office at (757) 220-6150 for details.
Last updated: 2/11/2011 9:30:12 AM