Waller Mill Park Events/Programs
Memorial Mile - May 19, 2018
Kids Fishing Derby - June 2, 2018
Canine Carnival - t/b/d
Water Exploration Program
Our FREE Water Exploration Program will give kids a hands-on opportunity to explore the reservoir and learn what makes a healthy water source, how our water sources are connected and how they impact the water sources around them. Activities will include dip netting for the invertebrates that call the reservoir their home, testing the water in various ways and discussing how all of these are interconnected. This program is great for kids ages 6 - 13 and will provide great reinforcement for many of the elementary and middle school environmental science SOLs. Max 20 participants. Pre-register at: (757) 259-3760. Class time is 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
• Saturday, April 14, 2018
• Saturday, May 26, 2018
Join us at Waller Mill Park for our Beginner/Intermediate Kayak classes. These one day classes will explore the basics of flatwater kayaking, review basic water safety skills and tour the Waller Mill Reservoir. 8:00 am - 2:00 pm. $65.00/class.
· Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
· Children ages 12 - 15 may participate if a parent or guardian is also a member of the class.
· Please bring their lunch.
· No experience is necessary and all equipment will be provided. $50.00 with own personal boat.
Classes start in April/May - dates t/b/d
Calling all fisherman! If you've ever wanted to fish at night, this is a great time to get outdoors and put your poles in the water under the glow of the moon!
Boat Rental Pass holder: $12.00 / $20.00 non-pass holder
Launching Own Boat Pass holder: $7.00 / $13.00 non-pass holder
Electric Motor & Battery: $20.00/night
Battery Only: $10.00/night
Light Set: $10.00/night
• Pre-registration is required. Call (757) 259-3778.
• Deadline - Thursday prior to event.
• All personal boats must be equipped with proper navigation lights.
• Payment and registration form are due at time of registration.
• A Virginia fishing license is required to fish in the lake.
Moonlight Fishing Dates
• Saturday, July 28, 2018 (8 pm - 2am)
• Saturday, August 25, 2018 (8 pm - 2 am)
• Saturday, September 22, 2018 (7 pm - 1 am)
March of the Monarch
Sunday, September 23, 2018
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Join us at Waller Mill Park for an afternoon full of butterflies! This fun and educational program is for young aspiring butterfly enthusiast and will teach kids about Monarch Butterflies. We will explore the butterfly life cycle, food and habitat as well as their migration pattern with fun crafts and activities. This program is great for kids aged 4 -12. Pre-registration encouraged.
• Butterfly Tag & Release
• Hand-On Learning
• Feed the Butterflies
• Butterfly Tattoos
• Arts & Crafts
• Butterfly Activities
Kids, get in the spirit… Come dressed like a butterfly or caterpillar!