Police non-emergency: 757-220-2331 (in an emergency call 911)
Fire non-emergency: 757-220-6220 (in an emergency call 911)
Public Works: 757-220-6140 (After hours 220-6196)
Human Services: Call the City’s Human Services Department at 220-6161 for special needs assistance
City Manager's Office: 757-220-6100
If the City declares a local emergency you will be notified that the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) has been activated. Emergency Operations Center: 444 N. Boundary Street, 757-259-7200
Shelter: The City of Williamsburg operates a shelter at the Quarterpath Recreation Center, 202 Quarterpath Road. The City will make an announcement through local media if the shelter has been opened. Information on what to bring is available for download here.
Know your Neighborhood Response Team (NRT). The NRTs are trained citizen volunteers in your neighborhood who assist City officials during emergencies. For more information, contact Human Services Director Peter Walentisch at 757-220-6161
Evacuation: The City of Williamsburg is a host jurisdiction during an evacuation of coastal areas. If citizens need to evacuate, Interstate 64 and Route 60 West are the primary routes to leave the City.
News from the City
- Follow the City on Twitter and Facebook
- Sign up for e-notifications and Everbridge Mass Notifications via telephone, text and email.
- Stay tuned to local television stations, www.wavy.com, www.wvec.com, www.wtkr.com
- Listen to WMBG 740 AM, TIDE 92.3 FM of WBACH 107.9 FM.
- Visit www.vagazette.com and www.dailypress.com and www.wydaily.com
- Watch City cable Channel 48 for city information; Channel 47 for School information; and other local networks for updates.
Dominion VA Power: 1-866-366-4357 or www.dom.com
Virginia Natural Gas: 1-877-572-3342 or www.virginianaturalgas.com
Cox Communications: 1-757-224-1111 or www.cox.net
Verizon Telephone: 1-800-275-2355 or www22.verizon.com
Other Municipalities and Organizations
- Williamsburg-James City County Schools,
- WJCC hotline at 757-259-4154
- York County information and closings
- James City County information and closings
- The College of William & Mary
- Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- Williamsburg Regional Library
- Williamsburg Area Transit Authority
Other sources of information
- Emergency Information in the Residents Guide
- Hurricane Readiness Guide
- Sheltering your Pets During an Emergency
- Surry Emergency Evacuation Routes
- To find out about disasters and steps you can take to prepare, access the Virginia Department of Emergency Management's website at http://www.vaemergency.com