The City of Williamsburg follows the state guidelines for on-line privacy that read...
"It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is being collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body."
The City of Williamsburg's website:
- Does not require you to provide any personal information to download files or reports or view information.
- Contains links to other websites. The City of Williamsburg is not responsible for the privacy or the content of these websites.
- Asks you to provide enough personal information in order to provide you with services or information that you request.
- May be unable to provide your requested service or information if you choose not to provide us with the information needed.
- Does not provide personal information to any other person, entity or organization without your consent, unless required by law.
- Does not place a "cookie" on your computer. A "cookie" stores information on the user's computer that allows the browser to remember some specific information when visiting that site.
- Does not track your movements through the website.
- Does automatically log technical information for anonymous statistics reports to increase performance and maintain security of this site.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The personal information collected by the City of Williamsburg, including forums, surveys, discussions, will be used to inform the Jurisdiction’s decision making process on new initiatives, programs, service, spending allocations etc. The Jurisdiction only collects your email address and personal information necessary for specific initiatives posted on the City of Williamsburg. Sections 26(c) and (e) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act are the legislated authorities for the collection of personal information. Unless requested, please do not include personal information that identifies you or other individuals when submitting content to the City of Williamsburg. Personal information that is not requested will be deleted and not considered in the evaluation of new initiatives etc.
All images and text on the City of Williamsburg Web site are copyrighted and are protected by applicable laws. Republication or redistribution of this content, including by framing or by similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.
Colonial Williamsburg Pictures: Photos courtesy of The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, Williamsburg, VA.
The College of William & Mary pictures: Photos courtesy of The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA.