The Williamsburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority (WRHA) was created by the state legislature of Virginia at the request of the City of Williamsburg. The Authority was formed on October 8, 1970. The Authority is a political subdivision of the State of Virginia, a non-profit public agency. The members of Williamsburg City Council serve as the Board of Commissioners of the WRHA and hold public meetings quarterly
THE MISSION STATEMENT OF THE AUTHORITY
The Williamsburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority is a provider of safe, decent and affordable shelter as well as economic opportunity for those of greatest need and which will effectuate a positive impact on the community.
To accomplish the mission, it is our aim to:
- Preserve and maintain the existing housing stock to ensure long-term viability
- Pursue a course of action that will control overall operating costs while sustaining a suitable quality of life for residents.
- Provide a safe and secure living environment for residents
- Support social and economic programs that will best help our residents to improve their quality of life and become more self-sufficient
- Provide opportunity for residents to participate more fully in the decisions affecting the management of the Authority and to accept more responsibility around those issues which affect their lives.
- Continue to investigate areas for home ownership and community development
- Our clients will be treated with dignity and respect and we will continually strive to improve the quality of life for all residents of our community
- We are dedicated to achieving our organizational goals through the pride and commitment to excellence by our people
September 07, 2015
November 26, 2015
November 27, 2015
December 24, 2015
December 25, 2015
Last updated: 6/11/2015 9:29:24 AM