Coronavirus / COVID-19
Important Telephone Numbers
- Virginia Health Department Vaccine Help Line: 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682)
- Greater Williamsburg Clinic for local vaccination effort info: 877-724-1954
- City of Williamsburg Main Office: 757-220-6100
- James City County
Information hotline for County residents: 757-564-2140
- COVID-19 assistance
- Peninsula Health District (VA Department of Health)
Local call center: 757-594-7069
- Medical questions
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about vaccine distribution in the Greater Williamsburg area.
Local Business Assistance
Visit the City's Economic Development website, Yes Williamsburg, for up-to-date information on how to manage and plan for business losses associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Support Local Businesses
Want to help local businesses? Support local retailers, restaurants, and service companies with a one-stop-shopping site that will connect you with who is open and how they can deliver their product to you.
Filing for Unemployment
While the local building is closed, staff are still processing applications for assistance. You can apply online at Common Help. You can also access the website for the Virginia Employment Commission.
- View City of Williamsburg news releases
- View news releases from the Governor of Virginia
- View news releases from the Virginia Department of Health
What You Can Do to Prevent the Spread
Common cold/flu prevention protocols are important:
- Avoid large group settings
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm to prevent spreading germs.
- Throw used tissues in the trash (don't leave them lying around).
- Use "social distancing" of about 6 feet from the nearest person.
- Wash your hands.