- Commissioner of the Revenue
- Online Forms
Business License Forms
- GUIDELINES FOR BUSINESS LICENSE APPLICANTS (PDF)- An overview of forms and documentation required to obtain a business license in the City of Williamsburg - please review prior to submitting a business license application.
Do not submit a business license application without the appropriate forms and documentation.
Please review the guidelines for business license applicants before submitting an application.
- BUSINESS, PROFESSIONAL, AND OCCUPATION LICENSE APPLICATION (PDF) - Must be completed by persons doing business within the City of Williamsburg limits (except contractors).
- CONTRACTOR'S BUSINESS LICENSE APPLICATION (PDF)- Must be completed by local contractors doing business within the City of Williamsburg limits and out-of-town contractors performing more than $25,000 work in the City in a calendar year.
- ZONING PERMIT APPLICATION (PDF) - Must be completed by businesses who have a store front - applications must be approved by the Zoning Administrator, prior to submitting the business license application.
- HOME OCCUPATION APPLICATION (PDF) - Must be completed by anyone with a home based business - applications must be approved by the Zoning Administrator, prior to submitting the business license application.
- Certificate of Assumed or Fictitious Name - Effective January 1, 2020 all Certificates of Assumed or Fictitious Name should be filed with the State Corporation Commission in the Office of the Clerk on a form prescribed by the SCC. There are separate forms for Individuals and entities - must be completed by anyone using an assumed name, DBA ("doing business as") or T/A ("trading as") business name.
- CONTRACTOR STATEMENT AND AFFIDAVIT (PDF) - Must be completed by anyone declaring they are not subject to licensure or certification as a contractor or subcontractor pursuant to Chapter Section 54.1-1111, of the Code of Virginia, as amended.
- WAIVER OF CONTRACTOR'S WORKER'S COMPENSATION INSURANCE (PDF) - Must be completed by sole proprietor or other entity that considers it not required to insure under the Act.
- SUPPLEMENT FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS (PDF) - Must be submitted by non-profit organizations conducting a business activity, in addition to the BPOL application.
- CLOSING OR MOVING A BUSINESS (PDF) - Must be completed to provide written notification when a business is closed or relocated.
Room & Meal Coupons
- MEAL TAX REGISTRATION (PDF) - Registration for Prepared Food and Beverage Tax
- PREPARED FOOD AND BEVERAGE TAX COUPON (PDF) - Meal coupon, to be filed monthly with payment
- TRANSIENT TAX REGISTRATION (PDF) - Registration for Transient Occupancy Tax
- TRANSIENT OCCUPENCY TAX COUPON (PDF) - Room coupon, to be filed monthly with payment
- APPEAL OF VEHICLE PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT (PDF) - Must be completed to appeal the tax assessment.
- MILITARY SPOUSE RESIDENCY AFFIDAVIT FOR TAX EXEMPTION (PDF) - Must be completed to elect legal residence in another state, based on spouse's active military status.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION FOR DISABLED VETERANS (PDF) - Must be completed to claim personal property tax exemption for one motor vehicle owned and used by a disabled veteran of the United States Armed Forces.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY NOTICE OF CHANGE (PDF) - Must be completed for change in name, mailing address, and vehicles that are sold, junked or relocated.
- CIGARETTE TAX STAMPS ORDER FORM (PDF)- Every local dealer in cigarettes shall purchase stamps to pay the tax levied and shall affix a stamp to each package of cigarettes prior to delivery or furnishing of cigarettes to any seller.