The Community Risk Reduction Office can assist businesses and educational institutions with evacuation procedures and drills. A full evacuation fire drill must be held each year in most facilities. Fire drills are effective when they are properly planned and the importance is communicated to the building occupants.
The Community Risk Reduction Office, along with the on-duty firefighters, can assist you in the planning, monitoring, and evaluation of your evacuation drill. Our service includes the following:
- Assist you in preparing fire drill procedures
- Attend the drill and analyze
- Conduct a debriefing session
- Provide technical and professional advice to aid in improving drill effectiveness
- Work with on-site staff on the methodology of the drill
Owners & Manager's Responsibility
Remember, as a building owner, property manager, or tenant manager you are responsible for the safety of the building occupants. Conducting fire drills on a regular basis can prevent loss of life during an emergency situation.