About the Program
In order to facilitate this community policing philosophy, the Williamsburg Police Department has implemented a Neighborhood Resource Officer (NRO) program where each district in the city has an NRO assigned to it. This allows each neighborhood to have a point of contact to address issues within the neighborhood and to build relationships between citizens and officers.
Your neighborhood Resource Officer (NRO) is an officer assigned to your neighborhood to address non-emergency situations. They are able to provide advice and assist in directing you to the resources available to address your concerns. See the District Map to learn more about the officer assigned to your district.
- Can help address recurring problems that police may not know about.
- Will assist with community groups, such as:
- Girl/boy scouts
- Homeowner associations
- Neighborhood watch
- Religious groups
- Can be the initial point of contact for all city services. Your NRO can help you get the services you need.
- Is a member of your community, committed to building and maintaining a cooperative, proactive, and informative working relationship between you and the City of Williamsburg Police Department.
- Is not an emergency contact. They will assist you and your community in addressing day to day issues within your community.