Planning and Codes Compliance
As a place of national significance, Williamsburg deserves special care to plan for a future that will preserve and enhance the qualities that have earned this significance. Carefully orchestrating urban growth, environmental preservation, and maintaining a strong link between Williamsburg's urban planning goals and effective land-use implementation are essential to plan its future.
Planning Division Functions:
- Assist the Planning Commission and City Council in developing a Comprehensive Plan to serve as a policy guide for future land development in the city
- Assist Planning Commission and City Council in the development of measures to implement the Comprehensive Plan
- Administer and enforce the Zoning Ordinance to include rezoning, special use permits, special exceptions, text changes, architectural review board, board of zoning appeals, and site plan review
- Administer and enforce the sign regulations
- Provides staff support to the City Council, Planning Commission, Architectural Review Board, and the Board of Zoning Appeals
- Administer and implement the Subdivision Ordinance
- Provide information and advice to citizens and developers on land use issues
Codes Compliance Division Functions:
- Administer and enforce the Uniform Statewide Building Code
- Commercial and Residential Plan Review and Inspections
- Administer and enforce the Property Maintenance Code
- Identify and inspect Rental Dwelling Units in Rental Inspection Districts
- Administer and enforce the Erosion and Sediment Control Regulations
- Conduct new construction stormwater management Inspections
Tue Dec. 12Architectural Review BoardArchitectural Review BoardRead On
Stryker Center @ 6:30 p.m.
Wed Dec. 20Planning Commission Site Plan Review Meeting - CANCELEDRead On
Wed Dec. 20Planning Commission Regular MeetingPlanning Commission Regular MeetingRead On
Stryker Center @ 3:30 p.m.