Goals, Initiatives, and Outcomes
To advance the City's vision, every two years the Williamsburg City Council identifies and adopts new strategic objectives for City government. The biennial Goals, Initiatives, and Outcomes (GIOs) provide an expression of City priorities, as specific and measurable as possible, covering a two-year period.
In 2022, the process included multiple opportunities for public feedback:
- National Community Survey, an online survey sent to a random sampling of City residents
- GIO-specific online survey, available to all residents
- Future Festivals, eight public input sessions that asked attendees to play interactive, larger-than-life games specifically designed to gather feedback for the City's two-year workplan.
Read the City's current GIO document:
Track Our Progress
The 38 initiatives outlined in the 2023-2024 Goals, Initiatives, and Outcomes document align with the City's Vision Statement: "One Williamsburg that is courageously leading, innovating a modern city, prioritizing safety and wellness, engaging with our partners while connecting with the world." The initiatives are categorized by the goal area with which they align. Learn more about each initiative and follow our progress by clicking on a goal area below:
- 2021/2022 Biennial Goals, Initiatives, and Outcomes (PDF)
- 2019/2020 Goals Initiatives, and Outcomes (PDF)
- 2017/2018 Goals, Initiatives and Outcomes (PDF)
National Community Survey Results
The City of Williamsburg has participated in the National Community Survey — previously called the National Citizen Survey — since 2008. The NCS is a low-cost citizen survey service developed by the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the National Research Center (NRC). The City uses the data in its Goals, Initiatives, and Outcomes process and its performance measurement dashboards.
For more information on the GIOs, please contact the City Manager's office, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 757-220-6100.