The City of Williamsburg is accepting nominations for the annual Business Appreciation Award.
The award seeks to recognize City businesses whose hard work and dedication make the City of Williamsburg a better place to live, work, and visit. Any person or business can nominate a City business for the Williamsburg Business Appreciation Award, and self-nominations are accepted.
“The community is engaged more than ever in supporting local businesses during COVID-19,” said Michele Mixner DeWitt, director of economic development. “We look forward to receiving nominations that celebrate the extraordinary effort and work of our local businesses in this particularly difficult year.”
The nomination form can be found online at yeswilliamsburg.com/businessaward along with a list of past winners. Nominations are due April 30; City Council will present the award at its June meeting.
Criteria for award consideration include:
- A physical presence in the City of Williamsburg
- Demonstrated Staying Power (Open for business in the City for at least 5 years)
- Employ fewer than 100 persons in the City of Williamsburg
- Innovativeness of Product or Service Offered (Illustrations of the creativity and imagination of the nominee)
- Responded Positively to Adversity (Examples of problems faced in the business and the strategies used to solve them)
- Contributions to Community-Oriented Projects
- Exemplary Customer Service (Evidence of customer satisfaction)
- Environmental Sensitivity (Attractive grounds and evidence of having implemented environmentally friendly policies)
Nicole Trifone, public information officer
757-220-6197 (Office) or 757-707-0478 (Cell)