The Williamsburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority (WRHA) is opening the Public Housing Waiting List for one-, two-, three-, four-, and five-bedroom units.
WRHA will be accepting online applications on March 8, 2022, from 8 a.m. EST until 4:30 p.m. EST.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, WRHA will only be accepting applications electronically. Paper applications will not be available, nor will applications be accepted at any WRHA locations. In addition, fax and/or written requests for applications will not be acknowledged.
To apply to WRAH's waiting list, please go to our online platform located at the following link: http://williamsburgva.gov/phapplication. This application platform can be utilized via desktop computers, tablets, and cell phones. On the platform, you will find instructions on how to fill out and submit the waiting list application(s).
- You must be at least 18 years of age or an emancipated minor to apply.
- there are no fees for applying to WRHA's wait list.
- Applications will be placed on the waiting list by preference, then by date and time the application is submitted.
- All information provided is subject to verification. Therefore, applying does not guarantee that the application will be accepted.
- WRHA does not provide emergency housing. The wait time is generally 2 to 5 years to get into one of WRHA's units.
- Applications in progress but not submitted by 4:30 p.m. EST will be considered incomplete.
A reasonable accommodation may be granted for those who, due to disability, are unable to complete an application electronically. Reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. Please be aware that verification of disability will be required. If you are granted a reasonable accommodation, assistance with applying will be provided.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be accepted starting Feb. 28, 2022, at 8 a.m. EST and will end March 7, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. EST. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call JaLauna Burton, Section 504 Coordinator, at 757-220-3477, TDD: 800-828-1140, or email email@example.com. If emailing, please enter "Reasonable Accommodation" int he subject field of the email message. If your request for reasonable accommodation is denied, then you must submit an electronic application during the time frame listed at the beginning of this notice.
The Williamsburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority (WRHA) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, elderliness, source of funds, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or familial status in admission or access to its programs.