- Baseball / Softball
- Basketball Court
- Outdoor Exercise Equipment
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Tables
- Tennis Court
Kiwanis Park is located on Longhill Road adjacent to James Blair Middle School. This 27-acre park provides a wide variety of both active and passive recreation.
Kiwanis Park has four lighted youth softball fields used for the City’s youth softball program. Fields are 200’ and base paths are 60’. In order to rent the softball field(s) at Kiwanis Park, please contact Chris Prewitt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kiwanis Park playground is sure to be on every family’s favorite list! In addition to slides and swings, the playground features two accessible pieces of play equipment for kids, including a rotating climbing station called Rev8 and an adventure zip line. The park also has nine exercise machines that will allow park-goers to do chest, leg and shoulder presses, leg extensions, butterflies and more. Other additions include a walking path around the entire playground area, which features shaded sitting areas.
A picnic shelter with picnic tables holds approximately 35 people. The shelter is first-come, first-serve.
Tennis courts are available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis, except when leagues or lessons are scheduled. The seven lighted all-weather courts and an adjacent lighted rebound wall are located at Kiwanis Municipal Park. The lights are available on demand daily from dusk until 10:00 pm, except December through February at 9:00 pm.
A switch on the pole closest to the access gate for each bank of courts allows players to turn on the lights for one hour. A warning light above the switch comes on with 10 minutes remaining in the hour. If players need additional time, the switch must be activated again within this 10 minute warning window. The tennis courts are located off of Ironbound Road behind the College of William and Mary's Dillard Complex dormitories.
Directions to tennis courts: Turn on Ironbound Road from Route 60, then turn right on Tennis Court and drive straight back to the parking area behind the first dormitory. The courts are located behind the parking area.
- Concessions or any for-profit enterprises associated with an event, as well as events for which admission fees of any kind are charged, are not permitted on city park property unless approved in advance by the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Alcohol, in any form, is not permitted in the park
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and cleaned up after in all our parks
- Field permits are required to use the fields for organized play
- Parking: Free, in designated areas
- Parks and/or fields may be closed due to weather conditions
- Drones may not be launched from or landed into the Park.