Residential Curbside Leaf Collection begins November 4
The City provides free curbside collection of leaves as a service to our residents. The 2019 leaf collection program begins November 4th and concludes in early January.
The following guidelines are provided to assist you in receiving the best service:
1. There are 5 collections for each route during the months of November, December and the first week of January.
2. There are RED ROUTE collections and BLUE ROUTE collections. Please refer to the schedule for your route and corresponding collection dates.
3. In order to progressively move from one route to the next, each street on each route will be collected only once during the week.
4. Leaves must be raked to the street by 7:00 a.m. of the first day of the collection week. e.g. if your collection is the week of Nov. 18—Nov. 22, leaves must be at the street by 7:00 a.m. on Nov. 18
5. Rake leaf piles to curbside or road edge, not in the street or in drainage way (ditch, swales).
6. Place leaf piles in an open area for easy vacuum truck access. Leaf piles behind vehicles, trees or bushes cannot be picked up.
7. Do not mix sticks or limbs into your leaf piles.
8. In case of rain, crews will pick up on the route where they left off prior to the rain.
9. If you miss these collections or prefer to bag your leaves, place bagged leaves curbside on your regular garbage collection day. There is a 10 bag limit per collection day.
Never miss your collection! You can receive free reminders of your trash, recycling and leaf pick-up by signing up for ReCollect on the City's website. You choose how you prefer to be reminded: by email, phone, text or Twitter.