City unveils online hub for COVID-19 information
The COVID-19 response continues to challenge all aspects of government. One of the greatest needs in the Williamsburg community is the sharing of information. While City staff is working diligently to answer emails and telephone calls, the City’s Information Technology Department, using web development and GIS tools, developed a new novel coronavirus COVID-19 information hub that was uploaded to the City’s website today.
Located at the top of the City's home page (simply click on the image), the hub offers a “one-stop-shopping” site for global, national, state and local information and resources on the City’s website. It includes:
- current data on confirmed cases, recovered cases and deaths;
- protection and prevention information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC);
- live Twitter and Facebook feeds from the CDC and the City of Williamsburg;
- frequently asked questions;
- links to state and city resources.
The hub was created by GIS specialist, Sela Gordon of the City’s Information Technology Department.