UPDATE MARCH 30, 2020:  The following City of Williamsburg buildings and facilities are closed to the public through April 23:  Municipal Building, Stryker Center, Quarterpath Recreation Center, Waller Mill Park, Police Department and Fire Station (only required staff will be at work, others will be teleworking). Governor Northam issued a "stay at home" executive order through June 10, 2020. Business assistance information can be found here. The City's telephone hotline (for city service questions):  (757) 259-7200 and the Virginia Health Dept. call center (for COVID-19 questions/concerns):  (757) 594-7069.

738 x 140 Website Banner (7)
738 x 140 Website Banner (8)
738 x 140 Website Banner (5)
738 x 140 Website Banner (9)

Passive Parks

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Passive parks usually have no active play component or equipment. These parks may be natural areas or city maintained areas or a combination of both.

Bicentennial Park
320 Court Street
Williamsburg VA 23185

This passive park is located at the corner of Nassau Street and Newport Avenue, minutes away from Downtown Williamsburg. A brick walkway surrounds a peaceful green area, where one can bring a picnic and rest after a long day of exploring Colonial Williamsburg. Benches placed around the park offer the perfect place to soak up the sun, sit and read or just visit with a friend.


College Landing Park
1070 South Henry Street
Williamsburg VA 23185

This park is located down the street from the campus of William & Mary. Stroll on the marsh walkway and take in the picturesque view of College Creek; or walk up the steps and view the park and creek from the lookout tower. There are also green areas that are perfect for picnics or just relaxing near the water. If you are a water enthusiast, launch your kayak or canoe and enjoy a peaceful paddle around College Creek.

Redoubt Park
510 Quarterpath Road
Williamsburg VA 23185

Redoubt Park, located on Quarterpath Road, was dedicated on May 5, 2007 to celebrate the 145th Anniversary of the Battle of Williamsburg. The two redoubts, #1 and #2, preserved in Redoubt Park, were built by soldiers and slaves to guard Quarterpath Road and the right flank of the Williamsburg Line overlooking Tutters’ Mill Pond. On May 5, 1862, the Williamsburg Line was the scene of a battle with over 3800 Union and Confederate casualties. This inconclusive engagement left the Union in control of the Virginia Peninsula. These fortifications remain a stark tribute to those who served, defining America’s future.