Follow Us @WilliamsburgRec
The sole purpose of social media sites used by the City of Williamsburg is to present matters of public interest in the City of Williamsburg to its residents, businesses and visitors. While you are encouraged to comment, please note that this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
General inquiries, comments, communications and service requests should be directed directly to the City of Williamsburg. The information on the City’s social media sites does not constitute the official record of any agency or entity within the City. To request official records, you may contact the City of Williamsburg at 757-220-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments, media, or other information posted to or displayed on the sites are subject to monitoring and review at any time, and users of the site should have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such comments, media or other information. However, given the need to manage our staff resources, monitoring will not occur 24/7, and as such, the City of Williamsburg is not liable for inappropriate or offensive comments that may be posted during a non-monitored time-frame.
The City of Williamsburg prohibits and reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- Vulgar or obscene language.
- Defamatory or disparaging content.
- False, misleading or deceptive information or media.
- Personal attacks or threatening or harassing activity of any kind.
- Clearly off topic comments.
- Spam or links to other sites.
- Comments or content that constitutes, promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation.
- Any comment that advocates illegal activity.
- Promotion of particular services, commercial transactions, products, or political organization.
- Opposition or promotion of any person campaigning for election to a political office.
- Non-public information concerning securities or that constitutes insider-trading or forwarding looking statements.
- Infringement on copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, licenses, or any other intellectual property.
- Personally identifiable or protected medical or personal information
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
- Comments that do not directly relate to the information or comments posted or displayed by the City of Williamsburg this site.
Please note that the comments expressed on these sites do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Williamsburg or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the City at 757-220-6100 or email email@example.com.
This policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Please note: By registering for any City of Williamsburg Parks and Recreation Department program or attending any City sponsored event or park, you agree to allow publication of any photos and/or video taken to be used in future social media campaigns, brochures, newsletters or flyer.