Comprehensive Plan Update work sessions will be held on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers, Stryker Center, 412 North Boundary Street.
The following topics and dates* are currently proposed for the update:
- May 23 – Introduction (Chapter 1) & Goals (Chapter 2)
- June 27 – Downtown Vibrancy Study
- July 25 - Short Term Rental Discussion
- August 22 – Housing (Chapter 8) – Housing Study Presentation by Sarah Stafford
- September 12 - CANCELLED and moved to September 26 from 4:00-6:00PM
- September 26 – Community Forum on Housing
- October 24 – Proposed Short Term Rental Ordinance Discussion and Neighborhoods & Housing (Chapter 8)
- November 28 – Parks & Recreation Master Plan Presentation
- January 23 - Economy (Chapter 4) & Commercial & Economic Development (Chapter 10) – Economic Development Study Presentation
- February 27 – Institutions (Chapter 9) - Colonial Williamsburg Foundation & College of William & Mary
- March 27 - Institutions (Chapter 9) - Williamsburg - James City County Public Schools & Williamsburg Regional Library
*Additional dates and meetings may be announced. Please check back for updates.
** Dates for discussion of Population (Chapter 3), Community Character (Chapter 5), Land Use (Chapter 7) & Environmental (Chapter 6), Transportation and Utilities (Chapter 11) are pending