The Board of Zoning Appeals consists of five members appointed by City Council and has the following powers and duties:
- Hear and decide appeals from any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative officer in the administration or enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance.
- Hear and decide on a variance. A variance is a reasonable deviation from those provisions regulating the shape, size or area of a lot or parcel of land or the size, height, area, bulk or location of a building or structure when the strict application of the ordinance would unreasonably restrict the utilization of the property, and such need for a variance would not be shared generally by other properties, and provided such variance is not contrary to the purpose of the ordinance.It shall not include a change in use, which change shall be accomplished by a rezoning or by a conditional zoning.
- Hear and decide appeal from any decision of the Zoning Administrator.
- Hear and decide applications for interpretations of the official zoning map.
- Hear and decide application for special exceptions as outlined in the Zoning Ordinance.
The Board of Zoning Appeals meets once a month and appeals are to Circuit Court.
**Meeting dates are subject to change. Please check back for updates.