- Must be a US Citizen and at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony or Class I or Class II misdemeanor,
- Must possess a valid VA operators license with no convictions within the last five years resulting in a suspension and no DUI/DUID convictions within the last 5 years.
- Must pass a thorough and extensive background investigation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must possess good diction and a clear speaking voice. Ability to communicate effectively with law enforcement and fire personnel by means of a two-way radio system.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Computer operation skills. Ability to keep simple records.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitors parking lots for overtime violators.
- Assesses Parking Problems
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and extreme temperatures. Must be able to walk long distances, stand for long periods, bend, stretch, stoop and do light lifting.
NEWS & INFO
At this time, the Williamsburg Police Department is not hiring. However, please complete and turn in an application so we can have your information on file for use during the next hiring opportunity.
The City of Williamsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Professional Services Bureau
425 Armistead Ave.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Phone: (757) 220-2331