PARKING ENFORCEMENT SELECTION PROCESS
- The Selection Process usually lasts approximately 30-45 days.
- Job announcement published (internet, City TV channel, letters to community leaders/organizations).
- Pre-application form completed.
- Employment Application/Background Questionnaire given, along with Release forms (Military, Schools, etc).
- Oral Review Board—Consists of police personnel (including supervisory personnel) independently rating applicants on:
- Communications Skills;
- Stress Tolerance;
- Investigator Interview - Verify Application/Background questionnaire and documents for correctness; fingerprint applicant, answer questions from applicants.
- Typing/Computer skills test (if any).
- Eligibility List Established - Numerically ranking applicants by points awarded:
- Written Test-Pass/Fail (if any).
- Education - 20% of points awarded.
- Work Experience - 20% of points.
- Oral Review Board - 60% of points. Those who do not pass may reapply after publication of the next job announcement.
- The top three applicants are forwarded to the Chief of Police, who will select one or more for further processing or testing, to include:
- Conditional Offer of Employment.
- Background Investigation.
- Other tests, examinations, etc., as enumerated on the Conditional Offer of Employment.
NEWS & INFO
At this time, the Williamsburg Police Department is not hiring. However, please complete and turn in an application so we can have your information on file for use during the next hiring opportunity.
The City of Williamsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Professional Services Bureau
425 Armistead Ave.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Phone: (757) 220-2331