The Williamsburg Police Department’s social media platforms are limited public forums. Therefore, inappropriate comments are subject to deletion by the administrators of these accounts. Our use of social media is intended to share information with our followers, highlight our events and activities, and open another line of communication with our residents.
This platform/forum is not monitored at all times. Do NOT use this forum to report emergency situations or time-sensitive issues. For emergencies dial 911, for non-emergency police services dial 757-220-2331.Please keep the following guidelines in mind when posting comments:
- We do not allow graphic, obscene or explicit comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to define anyone or any organization or comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
- Content posted by persons whose profile picture or avatar, username or e-mail address contains any of the aforementioned prohibited conduct will not be tolerated.
- Content should be related to the subject matter of the social media site where it is posted
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or nongovernmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any person or financial, commercial or governmental agency.
- We do not allow information intended to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
- All comments are subject to public records law.
- The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the City of Williamsburg.
The Williamsburg Police Department has also partnered with Neighbor's by Ring. Get real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors and local law enforcement. Always know when and where crime happens in your area, and share updates to keep you and your community safe. For more information on the Neighbors App, click here.
Community Engagement Unit
425 Armistead Ave.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Phone: (757) 220-2331