Welcome to the Real Estate Assessment Office
John Mattson, City Assessor
Jan Davidson, Senior Assessment Specialist
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: 757-220-6185
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Real Estate Tax Rate: $0.57/$100 assessed value.
Real Estate Assessments
- Role of Real Estate Assessments
- 2018 Assessment Process
- 2018 Assessment Results
- Board of Equalization and Appeal Process
Tax Deferrals or Exemptions
- Real Estate Tax Deferral Program
- Real Estate Tax Exemption for Disabled Veterans
- Real Estate Tax Exemption of Qualifying Dwellings of Surviving Spouses of Certain Members of the United States Armed Forces Killed in Action
To identify and fairly and equitably assess all Real Estate in the City of Williamsburg annually and administer all real estate related programs in accordance with City Code Chapter 18, Code of Virginia Title 58.1, and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) established by the Appraisal Standards Board of the Appraisal Foundation.
We hope you will find this site to be a useful personal and business research tool as well as an effective way to assure that your assessment is uniform, fair and equitable.