- 2012 Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) and amendments
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- Sprinkler and fire alarm (NFiPA 13 & 72) code is referenced in building code
- Ground snow load is 18 psf; roof design for live load is 20 psf
- Wind speed is 95 MPH based on USBC table 1609 (exposure is normally B)
- Water pipe freezing protection depth 18"
- Sewer line freezing protection depth 12"
- Site plan approval must be obtained.
- Any architectural issues that require Architectural Review Board approval must be obtained and approved.
- Any plans that include facilities for cooking or serving food and/or sleeping and swimming pools must provide a copy of the Health Department approval letter with application.
- Completed Building permit application & Completed Non-Residential Application Checklist
- Completed Right-of-Way application
- Completed Land Disturbance Permit
- Structural calculations are typically required
- Model energy code compliance calculations
- Statement of Special Inspections, if required
- Soils report (new construction)
- Asbestos Certification (must use City form) for renovations, change of use, re-roof or re-siding, or alterations
- Two (2) sets of building plans to include all trades (one set must have original wet seal)
- One (1) set of approved site plans
|Architectural Review Board||Carolyn Murphy||(757) 220-6130|
|Building & Trades||Matt Westheimer||(757) 220-6136|
|Fire Protection||Capt. Humphrey||(757) 220-6226|
|Public Works||Engr. - Aaron Small
Field Insp. - Clark Wallace