The City Council Calendar, lists the meeting schedule for the current year. City Council meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 2:00 p.m., with the Work Session meeting being held on Monday of the same week at 4:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers in the Stryker Center. They may also be viewed live on the City's website, the City's Facebook page and on WMSBG Channel 48.
- Are you a City Resident? (PDF)
The Williamsburg mailing address contains 3 localities: Williamsburg City limits, James City County & York County. Check out City Street Listing to see if you reside within the City limits.
- Area Map (PDF)
- Neighborhood Guide
Your online resource guide to City Programs & Outreach Activities.
- Police, Fire, Medical Emergency - Dial "911"
Police - (757) 220-2331
Fire - (757) 220-6220
Items to take care of in first 30 days
- Set up Utilities
- Change your address at the Post Office.
- Update your vehicle information.
Purchase Virginia plates, update your drivers license and purchase new vehicle registration at Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. Bring your current Virginia vehicle registration with new City of Williamsburg address to the Commissioner of Revenue's Office located in the Municipal Building at 401 Lafayette Street to register your vehicle. Failure to sign and return a Certification of Tangible Personal Property will result in a Non-File Fee. Vehicles must be inspected and display the inspection sticker. Inspections may be done at service stations or garages displaying signs for State Inspections Services.
Residents on "Parking by Permit Only" streets may be eligible to purchase a parking permit at the Finance Department. Questions? Call (757) 220-6180.
- License your dogs at the Finance Department. A current rabies vaccination valid through the end of the year is required.
- Make sure your house numbers can be read from the street in case of emergency
- Register your child with the Williamsburg/James City County Public School System.
- Register to vote at the Voter Registrar's Office.
- Ideas to get Involved with our Community
- Sign up to receive Email announcements from the City.
- Get a library card. Visit or call the Williamsburg Regional Library for details.
- Join a sports team, sign up for an exercise class and frequent our many parks. Visit or call the Parks and Recreation Department for details, (757) 259-3760.
- Attend the Neighborhood Council of Williamsburg meetings.
- Join your community's civic association and Neighborhood Watch program. Have your children fingerprinted/ID'd. Call the Police Department, (757) 220-2331, for details.
- Meet your Neighborhood Resource Officer, a police officer assigned to your community.
- Attend Williamsburg City Council meetings on the second Thursday of every month at 2:00 p.m. in the Stryker Center.
- Watch Local Government WMSBG Channel 48 on TV or live online to view meetings and get additional City information .
- Apply for one of the city's Boards and Commissions through the City Manager's Office, (757) 220-6100.
- Join the Youth Leadership Council or the Senior Leadership Council. Call Social Services, (757) 220-6161, for details.
- Get a Good Neighbor Pass from Colonial Williamsburg entitling you to admission to all CW exhibition buildings and museums and additional benefits at reduced rates.
- Pay your Bills Online! Pay your water bills or parking tickets online at our E-Government web site.
- Register for Youth Sports Online.
- Subscribe to a local newspaper.
- Get a hunting or fishing license. Call Waller Mill Park, (757) 259-3778, for details.
- Need a Business License? Contact the Commissioner of Revenue's Office at (757) 220-6150 for details.