Williamsburg boasts a thriving creative community. Here are some links to help you learn more:
- An Occasion for the Arts: Annual Juried Arts Festival in downtown Williamsburg
- Discover the Arts: 50+ museums, galleries, visual and performing artists in the Historic Triangle
- Muscarelle Museum of Art - on the campus of William & Mary
- Opera in Williamsburg
- 2nd Sundays Williamsburg
- William & Mary Theatre: College main stage and student directed performances
- Williamsburg Contemporary Art Center (formerly This Century Art Gallery)
- Virginia Arts Festival
- Virginia Regional Ballet
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra
- Williamsburg Area Arts Commission: Includes links, a calendar of local art events
- Williamsburg Choral Guild
- Williamsburg Music Club
- Williamsburg Women's Chorus
- The Williamsburg Symphony Orchestra
Know of an organization that should be listed? Please email us so we can include them.
Williamsburg Celebrates Plein Air - Annual Art Event
Artists compete by painting plein air anywhere in Williamsburg during the day for the chance to win cash prizes. Artists also have the opportunity to sell completed works as part of the Plein Air Festival on Duke of Gloucester Street. Completed work from the Plein Air event is judged and then made available for sale on Duke of Gloucester Street. A portion of the proceeds benefit Housing Partnerships, Inc., which is a nonprofit agency that provides housing services to low-income residents in the Historic Triangle.
2018 Plein Air Event
Want to compete? This year's Plein Air is scheduled for September 29. Watch this space for information as it becomes available.